I’ve spent the afternoon in the studio printing photographs on to acetate and then layering the image over different backgrounds to see what type of results it produces. I photographed all the pieces and then edited them a little bit in Photoshop. There were over 100 images all together but these are a few of my favourites.
I really like the images and it’s been a really creative afternoon that’s gave me a lot of fresh ideas to work with. The only difficult part has been trying to photograph acetate and not capture any reflections in the process. The I used a variety of backgrounds such as letters from my dad’s archive, book pages from a damaged copy of ‘Dubliners’ by James Joyce as well as some quilted fabric and vintage wallpaper. Also I apologise that you’ve probably seen atleast ten different variations of these photographs, I’m just trying to be resourceful with these acetate prints until I get more made.
Let me know what you think. I’ll be updating again later with a different series of images that I did today also.